I’ve been browsing through my recent blog comments when suddenly, I get a nomination from Zezee from Zezee with Books for the Liebster Award. Thanks so much!
I haven’t the slightest idea what it was, but apparently, it’s an effort in the blogosphere designed to help budding young bloggers get some buzz. It’s actually pretty cool and simple. The rules are fairly straightforward.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 random questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Go to your nominees’ blogs and tell them about your nomination, with a link to your post.
It’s certainly not mandatory for all nominees to participate in this, but it’s highly encouraged *wink. After all, who are we gonna depend on as bloggers but other bloggers as well? Amirite?
So here are 11 facts about me…
1. I don’t eat vegetables. My diet consists solely of meat products, which means I’ll probably have a heart attack before my future children finish high school.
2. I’m a budding yogi. I’m fascinated with yoga and constantly push myself to do it almost everyday. At least, even though I don’t have the vitamins and proteins that comes with vegetables, I have something “healthy” in my lifestyle, somehow.
3. I’m a huge movie buff and TV buff. Name any movie and TV show and I’ll blow you away with what I know. I’m not being arrogant, it’s just true. That’s probably why no matter how hard I try to make my blog solely about fashion, my interest in television and film surfaces eventually.
4. I’m a frustrated fashion designer. Frustrated because I do have the talent and panache for designing, I have the rudimentary skills, and I have the drive. I just don’t have the money to start my own business, which is soooo maddening.
5. I’m bad with money. Which is prolly why I’m anxious about starting my own business, too.
6. I’m a beauty queen title holder. I hold the crown of Miss Southern Leyte 2013. Don’t ask. I’m not embarrassed by the fact that I joined, but I just don’t want that to define me as a person forever.
7. I read people. I’m a huge book reader, but I mostly read people. The slightest ticks and nods and twitches and I can immediately infer the correct emotion or thought. I don’t give anything away, I don’t let them know that I know, but I can read you.
8. I’m obsessed right now with round sunnies. Everytime I see one in stores, I’m worried for my wallet.
9. I’m an avid reader of erotic literature. I just don’t tell people about it because I’m worried they’ll judge me for being shallow or a pervert or something grossly misleading. People, lemme tell you, erotica isn’t some mindless prose that’s just sitting on paper. It’s art, it’s lovely, and it’s emotion. I love absorbing all those things and getting lost in the moment, in another world.
10. I love beaches. Take me anywhere there’s a beach and I’m all yours.
11. I was a mermaid in my past life, but don’t tell others.
Here are my nominees:
11. Aere Perennius
Now here are my answers to Zezee‘s questions:
- If you were to paint a room and the only colors you had to choose from were black, white, and gray which would you choose? You would have to use this room regularly. I’d use gray for a room I’d regularly use, like my bedroom. I can decorate it however I want and then change my mind a week later. I’m weird like that. My room arrangement never stays the same in one month. Seriously, never.
- If you enjoy reading, what is your favorite genre and book? If you love art, what is your favorite style and artist? If you love listening to music, what is your favorite genre and singer/band? I’m really into erotic or fantasy literature right now. My favorite would have to be Angelology by Danielle Trussoni. I’m not into art so I won’t even attempt to be an expert. But music, I love Florence and the Machine’s Seven Devils.
- Do you enjoy watching cartoons as much as you did as a kid? Yesssss. It’s making me worry.
- When you feel lost, how do you find yourself? I just eat comfort food like fries or chocolate, then I’m better. Or I just let off steam by working out and I’m better.
- If you could be anywhere in the universe right now where would you be and what would you be doing? I’d be in a parallel universe where mermaids exist and I happen to be one. I’d be swimming with whales, prolly.
- If you were given $10 to buy a present for yourself what would it be? I’d buy myself a wax heater. So that my self sessions don’t have to be as messy as how I do it now.
- It’s a wonderful day and you would like to get a favorite treat—ice cream, cupcake, etc.—which would you take: short cut or scenic route? I’d take the short cut. I’m too impatient to wait for a treat.
- What’s your favorite season and why? I love summer. Because BEACH!
- Your most prized possession is at the top of a skyscraper that has 200+ floors. The elevators aren’t working. How would get your possession? Anything is possible. I’d fly, duh. Or use my animal speaking skills to summon King Kong, then he’d just climb the skyscraper for me and have a lil bit of fun while he’s at it.
- It’s a rainy day. You’re not in a hurry but—watch out! There’s a puddle. What would do: walk around, jump over, or splash right in? Duh, walk around it. I have expensive shoes.
- So…if Alexander the Great hadn’t died so young what do you think he would have done: kept on conquering or become crazily egocentric or something else? If Alexander didn’t die young, he’d still be dead. Of old age. Murder. Sickness. Whatever.
Here are my questions for my 11 nominees:
1. In an apocalypse, you only have time to pack stuff in one backpack. What would you put in there and why? (Seriously, I’d like to know).
2. Where would you place your bet in a fight between Smaug and Balerion? (Boo you if you don’t know who they are 😛 )
3. What’s the worst movie you ever watched? Why was it bad?
4. What mystical creature do you think is the most powerful? Mermaid, dragon, angel, vampire, wizard, werewolf, fairy, mutants?
5. If you could redo the ending of The Shining, how would you end it?
6. If your current self could travel back in time and see your 12-year old self, what would you say?
7. What kind of superpower would you want to have?
8. What was the longest movie marathon you’ve had?
9. What’s the laziest thing you’ve ever done?
10. In an apocalyptic scenario, if you could choose between a katana and a long bow, which would you pick?
11. Do you believe that all of us have soulmates?
That was fun! Congrats to all of us nominees and I hope you guys have fun too!