I’m a snack person. If there’s any meal of the day that I’m most interested about, it’s snack (technically not a meal but who cares?) 😀 I looooove breakfast too, but I feel more at ease experimenting with different snack recipes. This time, I made my own version of a pizza roll that’s super easy to make but also really cheap.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box of Eden cheese
- 1 pack of hotdogs (around 12 per pack) OR 1 large can of Spam
- 1 pack of Gardenia loaf bread
- 1 cup of del Monte tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 large bowl of breadcrumbs
1. Flatten a piece of bread with a rolling pin to prevent the bread from breaking when you fold it.
2. Spread about a half spoonful of tomato sauce on the surface.
3. Layer the edge with about 2 strips of Spam and 2 strips of cheese.
4. Fold the layered edge over until you reach the opposite edge of the bread.
5. Place a halved toothpick on each side to prevent your roll from opening.
6. Dip it in egg+milk mixture and roll inside a bowl of breadcrumbs.
Here’s the uncooked product:
Finally, just deep fry these rolls until golden brown. Serve with a dip. I made mine by simply combining del Monte ketchup and some mayonnaise. Added some salt and pepper for pizazz. Enjoy! 😀
*can serve 10-12 people